#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; }

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Among the Things I'd Grab in a Fire: My New Tofu Presser



People- my laziness knows no bounds. For instance, I love tofu, but rarely ate it because I didn't feel like doing the whole pressing-between-two-plates business. I'd make my husband press it, then secretly think mean thoughts if it wasn't "wrung out" to my liking (lazy AND passive-aggressive: that's me!). So soon into the veg transformation, I went looking for a press that satisfied my needs and let my poor man off the hook. Enter the Tofu Xpress Gourmet Food Press. It was my first post-veg gadget purchase, and I loved it.

And, like many first loves, I fell quickly and passionately. Also like many first loves (mine, at least), it left me in despair. About 6 months into the relationship it broke on me. After some research I found how to get a refund, but the company wanted the press shipped back with all the broken pieces (some of which I didn't keep), and I needed to pay shipping (which I didn't want to do).

So my response was to stop eating tofu. Lame, right? Every time I felt a hankering for the stuff, I'd think about the busted remains of the press still lurking in my heart and I'd make something else out of spite.

When I finally felt ready to love again, I sought out a different design, one that might hold up better under the pressure of my tofu-loving ways. Enter the Tofu Presser!!!

Yes, I loved him as soon as I opened the box (I've named him Ryan Reynolds). You might think me fickle, but I assure you, I am not. I'm a one-press-woman, and I am a loyal customer. When I first held Ryan (Tofu Presser) I was amazed how simple and sturdy the design was.




It was very easy to use and pressed the tofu so it was firm but still a little moist (just like Mama likes it).



As you can see, it pressed about a cup of water out. It only took about 10 minutes or so, and I was very pleased with the results.

I will say that the box design of the Tofu Xpress Gourmet Food Press makes it easier to press your tofu into a thinner, denser block, but for my money, the Tofu Presser is the better overall purchase. It is less expensive, seemingly indestructible, and gets the job done. Just like Ryan Renyolds!





Pin It!

1 comments:

jjordan said...

I'm kind of suprised and sorry to hear about your troubles with the TofuXpress! I love my TofuXpress! (www.tofuxpress.com) I've had it for about two years now and it has never failed one me. I love tofu and like you I'm super lazy when it comes to pressing and now I couldn't imagine cooking tofu anymore with out my press. I am so happy I made the investment, given all the crappy stuff out there today.

Post a Comment

Vegetarian since:

© 2011 Vegerrific

All content and photography by Krevia™ Media, 2011. No portion of this website may be duplicated, copied, published or rewritten without prior consent. All Rights Reserved.



Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Creative Commons License
Vegerrific by Kreiva™ Media is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.